Saturday, July 28, 2012

Still Alive

It's been over 18 months since my last post.  Why?  Well, I started playing on facebook to communicate non-knitting information and ravelry for knitting information.  Still in the background was the knittyboard.  My first knitting home on the internet, that encouraged me to start this blog because of the inability to post photos and all the wonderful swap packages that found their way to me.

Knittyboard is going away soon and it got me thinking about this blog.  Facebook seems too public, my status updates are force fed to my friends unless they've already gotten sick of me and have unsubscribed from my status updates.  Ravelry is just too big.  I belong to over 10 groups and wouldn't call myself active in any of them.  So.. back to the blog.  A place where I can post anything I want, in as long a post as I want and only those friends who care enough to keep up with me after two years of silence and people who type odd things into search engines will find me.