Saturday, December 18, 2010

Another reason I love my Aeronaut

Those who have seen me in my recent travels know that I carry an Aeronaut from Tom Bihn. They've probably also heard me talk about how much I love this bag and the fact that I haven't had to check luggage since I've gotten it, no matter how small a plane I was traveling on.

This trip, I thought my bag had met it's match.




The Aeronaut is 22 inches long. The long flat thing is a heddle for my loom and is about 21 inches long. You can see my dilemma here. I wasn't ready to give up though, and I'm glad I didn't.

The Aeronaut is split into three sections but you can undo the snaps to allow the inner wall of the end pockets to collapse.



A view from inside the outer pocket:


All packed and ready to go:



Thanks again Tom Bihn! With both pockets unsnapped, it fit beautifully. I was even able to use the side pockets for smaller items like socks and my 3D clear organizer cube.