Monday, November 08, 2010

Much faster

Start to finish, one day. Even if it was one day of doing almost nothing else, weaving is still faster than knitting.

Lessons learned:
1. Weft faced fabric does not pull in as much as I'd thought. So don't warp extra to make up for draw in.

2. Woven scarves out of worsted or bulky yarn need to be 5 inches wide, not 6-7

3. This is way too much fun

I don't think it will take away from my knitting time, but I'm afraid for my spinning time. So, for now, the new rule is the loom can only be warped on Sundays and if I finish the same day, I'll just have to spin for the rest of the week.

Now, on to the finished project.








Stats:
Woven on Beka 20 inch Rigid Heddle @ 5epi using a 10 dent heddle with 36 ends
Warp: Patons Classic Wool in black
Weft: I lost the tag, but it was a handspun bulky weight wool 250gm gifted to me in a swap
Final dimensions: 51 inches long by 7 inches wide.