Friday, September 03, 2010

Happy Birthday to me..

Well, not quite yet... BUT... mom and dad sent my present early so I could learn to use it well by Rhinebeck, so... I have a new camera!!!

Now that I'm not limited to my phone, this blog may become more active again.

Here are some of my first shots (all were done on the automatic setting):












You may notice a theme. My grandma asked for some new dish towels when we were on vacation but I had no cotton in my stash. A quick post on the knittyboard resulted in a large tyvek envelope full of worsted weight cotton and a suggestion for a pattern. A search on Ravelry provided the other two patterns. Hope Grandma likes them, this is the first time in six years she's ever asked me for something hand knit.

As you can see, the macro function works rather well on this camera. The great part is that I don't have to tell the camera to use it, if you get close enough to the object on the automatic setting, it will make the decision for you.

Thanks for the new toy mom and dad!!!