Monday, February 16, 2009

Alice goes to Ohio

I've been a bit quiet lately, because I wanted to wait for the official offer before I posted this.. but enough steps have been taken in the right direction that I figured.. why not?

I am shortly (very shortly, which is another issue) moving to Cincinnati, Ohio to take a position at Cincinnati Children's. I'll be a (so far, the only) NP working with the Intestinal Failure Service. I do, however, get to share an office with the other inpatient GI NP who (from our short meetings) is just my type and I think we'll get along wonderfully.

Am I excited? Oh yes... this is a new position that will allow me to grow and help shape my responsibilities. It's a new city to explore and I can't wait to get to the zoo and the old train station turned museums.

Am I worried? Very... I'd like to start on March 2nd (the next orientation). If I don't start then, the next opportunity isn't until the middle of April. In order to do this, I need my Ohio RN. I applied, sent everything in, know my transcripts were sent... yet I'm still not in the system. I check every day at 6pm to see if I'm there. Worse... I had to reinstall firefox on my laptop because their verification system doesn't work with Safari.

Am I freaking out? Slightly... I've decided to find a temporary apartment/long term stay hotel to move into instead of trying to find a place and move in with what I can fit in my car.

sorry... just talking to a guy from the corporate housing company. Hrm.. this is not going to be cheap.