Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Buttons part two...

Out of the twelve of us in the Acute/Chronic and Onco programs, two are pregnant.  We're having a baby shower for them tomorrow.  See, I got balloon duty 
This is why I LOVE my local dollar store.  Seven balloons and two weights (little bags that say "it's a (blank)" for $12.  Everyone else in the class gave $10 for a gift, but I said no thanks, I'll knit something (of course, I just spent $12 on balloons, but hey). You saw the buttons I got yesterday in my hunt for something to finish the booties.  Now you get to see the booties:



Pattern: Fleegle's Seamless Saartje Booties
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK
Needles: size 4 Harmony
Used: 1/2 a skein

Now, these came out so cute, and since I had enough yarn leftover, I started another set.  Prior to this, I had planned on the booties for A. (she's having a girl) and a set of red angora socks for J. (she's having a boy).  I decided that only another knitter could appreciate handmade angora socks, so I'm going to give J. a set of booties as well.  

Once again, no boy buttons in the stash.  So off I went back to the thrift shop.

My haul:

The blue ones were my original choice.  They're much more iridescent then the picture shows.  The hearts were just because the overalls were 45 cents.

What you can't see on the round ones is the flower etched into them.  I'm going to use the leaf shaped ones on the booties.