Monday, August 04, 2008

I love thrift shops...

So I have a pair of baby booties that need buttons.  Not having any in my stash, I headed to the local thrift shop this afternoon to hunt some down.

I love finding interesting stuff.. For a total of $11, I got:

The white and lilac ones are actually the same button, just different colors.  I normally wouldn't get buttons without stems, but these were cute and I might actually use the purple ones on the booties.

Eleven little purple buttons.  That's at least two sweaters worth.  Those metal/fake pearl ones are really cool.  The centers pop out and the metal piece is a jacket.

Same concept, just a smaller button.  The center pops out.  Which is a good thing since the fake pearl has rubbed off a few of the buttons.


And here are the unfinished booties I needed the buttons for.  Baby shower on Wednesday for two of my classmates.