Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm in love...

School hasn't left much time for exploring, but I've found a few new things in the past few weeks that have just made my day.

1.  The Furminator

If you haven't tried this pet brush already you really have to!  Yes, it's expensive.  I got mine for about $22 on Amazon.  That was probably the best $22 I've ever spent on my girls.  I have two cats who shed like you would not believe. One who LOVES to be brushed and one who would bite at the brush every time I tried.  Now, they both enjoy being groomed, my biter even sits in my lap and meows till I brush her.  The amount of undercoat that this thing removes is amazing.  It has me thinking about a drum carder so I can mix in the kitty fur with some merino.  Only issue, their fur has a really short (like less than an inch) staple length, so it's gonna make REALLY fuzzy yarn.

2.  Bookmooch.com

All those paperbacks that are just sitting around can now be shared with others!  Yes, my family passes books along, but eventually we're left with a large number of paperbacks (I recently went through four books in a two day period).  Great way to clean out the bookshelf, now I just need to decide what to use my points on.



Okay, I found two new things that make my day.  How about you?  My next challenge is to find containers for the stash and to thin it by at least ten percent by the time I move.  Guess we'll see how that goes.