Monday, May 26, 2008

Zoo..

One of my last days of freedom. My friend J came into Philly with her daughter and we went to the zoo. Thankfully, another friend had given me two free passes to the zoo; which made the day quite affordable with the free parking in the park (the parking lots were full). I will admit to being a bit disappointed.  Since my last visit (at least three years ago) they redid the big cat exhibit.  All the big cats are now behind either plexi or fences, which makes pictures very difficult.  This is not the zoo to visit if you want good animal pictures.  Plus we waited in line for over 30 minutes (I stopped counting) to get lunch.

I did find this quite amusing.  A bird carrying around a toy.  Sorry about the pic, my camera focused in on the fence.


Hungry, hungry hippo.  These gals were out in the open.  The sign at the exhibit said they weigh about 4500 lbs.

My visit to the tortoise display wasn't as interesting as last time, but I got a few good shots.


Baby Tiger (1 year old).  These were taken through plexi.  I can understand that you want to bring the people close to the animals so they can see them, but some of us want pictures and have a good zoom on our camera.