Friday, May 02, 2008

I did it myself!

I keep forgetting that my phone has a camera in it now, so there's no picture of the flat tire that I changed all by myself this morning.

Things I learned:
1.  Full sized spares are nice
2.  I really need to clean out my trunk
3.  Most people are idiots.

See, I'm in the CVS parking lot (thank g-d for small favors) and I notice my tire is flat.  First thing that goes through my head... "great, now I have to wait for AAA".  Second thing, "wait a minute, I can do this, and I still have a full size spare from my cross country trip".  Third thing, "damn those pneumatic tools" as I'm trying to loosen the lug nuts.

So my car is currently sitting at the shop for an oil change and to see if the tire is patchable.  I'd rather not have to buy a new one, but since my donut spare is in dad's garage, I'll have to either buy a new tire, or risk driving without a spare.  With the week I've been having, that's a big risk.

I will make it to Maryland today, just a bit later than I had planned.  Now I'm really glad Criosa isn't waiting at the airport for me to pick her up.