Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here comes the grad...

I went to the bookstore to pick up my gown and hood today.  It didn't dawn on me as I was walking home how heavy the bag was.  So I get everything home and like a good girl, try on the gown to make sure it fits.  OMG, I think this thing is made of wool!!!!  It's MAY!!!  I'm going to die in this funky sleeve, tight neck, calf length black thing.  I know I bought an outfit to wear under this, but I'm thinking of going back to my idea of shorts and a tank top.

Don't get me started on the hood.  First.. who picks these colors????  I mean really, when you think of nursing, does apricot come into your head?  And how well do you think it matches with Penn's blue and red?  Then, I guess they figure that since we're graduating from Penn with advanced degrees, we should know how to put this hood on.  Umm... NO clue.  Thankfully, the grad center is having a breakfast on Monday morning and agreed to help with the hoods.

Ready for the best part now?  Yeah, I graduate on Monday, but I still have 12 weeks of classes left to get through before I'm done.  I guess they do it this way so everyone gets to walk.  If you spread out to all ends of the world after you're done, who is going to want to come back to Penn just to graduate?

ETA: Okay, I finally found the label in the robe.. it's not wool, just very heavy polyester (bleh)