Friday, December 14, 2007

YPF

Today's yarn pr0n is brought to you compliments of Brooks Farm Yarns.

Now those of you who have been to a fiber festival with me, know that this is one of the first vendors I head for. I love their yarns, I love their colours, and I love their staff!

I bought two skeins of Tierra Blend (yummy wool/alpaca) at Rhinebeck this year, figuring I'd make myself a scarf. Of course, plans change. My lab partner happened to have this huge hole in her mittens that she noticed while we were walking to lunch. I wanted to make her a set of warm, soft mittens so I decided to use one of the skeins. I knit it tightly to help avoid pilling (it's a VERY loosely spun and plied yarn) and fell in love with the results.

One of S's mittens blocking. She hasn't gotten them yet.. and I'm debating making myself a pair out of the second skein.

I stalk the orphans section on the Brooks Farm website. When skeins of Tierra Blend showed up, I had to have some! I bought two skeins of a red/orange variegated to make a scarf for my winter coat (it's rather orange). Imagine my surprise when this is what came in the mail:


Now.. most of my stash is either blue, green or purple but I was SURE I had ordered the nice red/orange to match my coat (and it was no longer showing up on their web site). So I sent an email off to Dena, and she got back to me the next day. Seems I did order the red/orange, but somehow the skeins got mislabeled and I got sent the blue ones instead. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they still had the two skeins of red/orange and would be sending those to me. Dena even let me keep the two blue ones as an 'I'm sorry about the mix up' gift.

This is why I LOVE this company.

More closeups:





mmmm... soft fuzzy yarn.