Sunday, December 02, 2007

This was a LOT of work...

Well, mom and I spent 8 hours yesterday and 8 hours today sewing the fish into strips and then crocheting the strips together. There goes my idea that it would be ready by Sat night.. but at least I got it to dad before Hanukkah started.


My sister's kitty, Duffy, laying on them after we got the first two together and laid them out to see how they looked. Duffy has decided that this is her blanket, but since dad doesn't live in the same house as her, I guess I'll have to make Duffy a mini version.



Knit Klips holding the two halves together. I did all the sewing of the fish, while mom started to crochet them together. She did rows 1 - 9 and I did 10 - 15. When it was all done, we put the two halves together. I am TOTALLY in love with those Knit Klips. Very good choice of gift sib!

Me putting the two halves together. We had to lay the blanket out on the living room floor. It was way too heavy to fit in my lap. The thing around my head is my sister's head lamp. I needed more light.


A close up of the putting them together. I ended up using two strands of Paton's Wool that I got at Michaels because I left all the yarn I had to sew this thing together in Philly. Mom used a J hook and I used a K. You can't tell the difference.



And finally, it's all worth it (though I had to use a flash to get this picture... we got snow today and it was a bit gray out) My father on his 9+ pound fish blanket. Final dimensions: 83 inches long by 58 inches wide.

I'll show off my Hanukkah booty later this week :) Let's say it was a REALLY good Hanukkah and it hasn't even started yet :)