Friday, November 30, 2007

Almost a FO...

That's right... the Father's Fish Blanket is almost done!!!! I laid it out today (after deflating my bed so I had enough space).



If there are any major objections to the layout, speak now or forever hold your peace. I start sewing these guppies together either tonight or tomorrow. My mother offered to help with the sewing, so that should make life a bit easier. I had so much fun knitting this project, now let's see how finishing it goes.



All pinned together with their row number so I know which order they go in after I've sewn them together without trying to use the first photo as a reference. The colours are pretty accurate, but still, trying to figure out where everything goes using a photo would be a pain in the butt.

I think I'm going to crochet the rows together using black worsted weight... so keep in mind that there will be a black line between the horizontal rows. Mouth to mouth and tail to tail I'm going to sew together using the tail from the cast on/off.

Anyone want to come to central jersey to help with the putting it all together tomorrow? I'll buy pizza and ice cream :)

Project details:
Pattern: Festive Fish by Paula Levy
Yarn: varied worsted weights held double and bulky weights (mostly Lamb's Pride, Cascade and WotA with a few skeins of Galway in there)
Needles: size 10 (next time, I go up a needle size or two. These are some dense fish)
Finished size: 15 x 5 fish or 75 x 52 inches (unblocked)