Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WIP Wednesday

I'll apologize for the pics upfront. I took over twenty shots of the three projects today and got maybe four decent ones. There's just not enough sunlight in my apartment this early in the morning and I have to be in school this afternoon so can't wait for the sun.

First up, the fish! 39 down! I think this is going to be the actual width of the blanket, considering it only needs to fit a twin sized bed. Which means I'm about half done! Seems like 70 or 75 fish should do it. Now the problem becomes what yarn to use. I already ordered all the blues, greens and browns that knitpicks has. Maybe I'll try elann this time, or go back and order a few more from knitpicks. I'm still in love with this project, we'll see what happens when I have to start sewing it together.
What I did in my Grad Student Orientation yesterday. I was a good girl and paid attention while the Dean, Assistant Dean and the important people were talking, but once the afternoon sessions started and it was all info tech and such like that I pulled out the knitting. All that's left now is to graft the toe and then weave in the ends on both socks.
When I finished the sock, there was still another hour or so of people talking at us, so I casted on for mom's socks. The knitpick needles are NICE! Never been so easy to do a twisted rib before.

Once again, no progress on Rogue. Guess I need to get working on that one.