Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A few more FO's

Apparently, my apartment doesn't get enough sunlight to allow for pics of my knitting without a flash. I think a few of my neighbors think I'm crazy after these.

First a moebius scarf using Cat Bordhi's cast on method. I made it 40 inches long, just enough to wrap around my neck and my head to cover my ears.
I love the applied I-cord edging on this thing, though it takes FOREVER to bind off using it.

Pattern: My own with a little help from A Treasury of Magical Knitting
Yarn: Decadent Fiber's Pulled Taffy (sale skein from '06 TKGA convention in valley forge)
Used: I'd say about 3/4 of it... I'm using the extra for a pair of fingerless gloves right now, and they are going on forever and ever
Needles: size 6

Then we have a kippah. I'm not sure I like the short rows in this pattern, I may have to tweak it a little for next time.
Pattern: Out of Greetings from Knit Cafe
Yarn: CTH supersock
Needles: size 3

This didn't take too long, but there was a mistake in the pattern that I had to look up the errata for.