Friday, October 23, 2009

Wanderings at WEBS

I apologize to those of you who don't follow along on facebook.  I've been posting stuff there but haven't updated my blog in a month now...

I've been wandering around New England for the past week and today, the wanderings took me to WEBS.

I got my hands on their interchangeable bamboo set of needles.  I will probably stick to my knit picks for now.  The cables included in the kit are hollow plastic tubing (think thin O2 tubing, or slight stiffer IV tubing).  The cable was totally pliable, but I can't see going back to such a thick cable.  It was the one thing I didn't like in the Denise set.  

Besides the thickness of the cable, the needle tips screw on nicely.  The screw on the cable has a small round ball at the end that is pushed into the tubing and gives you a place to hold the cable.  Could they come undone?  I think you'd have to pull rather hard on an assembled needle to pull this out.

The bamboo tips were nice and smooth and short enough to make a 16 inch circ... so if you don't use a lot of 16's, the tips were a bit short.

There was a rosewood set that had just arrived, but they didn't have an open one for me to play with.

When I'm back on my own computer, I'll post some of the pictures from this past week... I'll also try to remember to take some tomorrow at Stitches.