Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Un-Spun Sugar


I won't call it spun sugar till I actually spin it... and since it's a pound of fiber, that may take me a while!


The ladies at Decadent fibers sure named their business well! It's a pound of Corriedale roving all dyed up in my favorite colors.

Have a peak inside...

Now for the big question... a pound is not enough for a sweater (for me) and there wasn't any more available. I do have a white Corriedale fleece that is sitting around waiting for me to comb, card and spin.

So... Options:
1. Spin up a pound of each and ply them together to get a DK/light worsted, then try to get a sweater out of it for me.
2. Spin up the pound of pretty and however much of the white I need and make a striped or otherwise two separate color sweater
3. Give up on the sweater idea and come up with something else that uses a pound of fiber.

Ideas?