Saturday, July 04, 2009

New Oven

Now... one of the reasons I bought this house was that it has a gas stove.  I love having gas burners for my stove top work.  One of the disadvantages is that the oven itself is huge and heats up the whole house every time you turn it on. (okay, that might be an advantage come winter)  So, when mom was here, we stopped at Costco and I found a convection toaster oven.  It's large enough to fit a frozen pizza, so I shouldn't have to turn my oven on unless I'm cooking a turkey or some other huge meal.

Today, I used my toaster oven for the first time.



As you can see, one didn't make it to the photo shoot.  These are Jesh's famous peanut butter cookies.  One of my co-workers is gluten free and no one ever remembers to bring stuff she can eat when we do work events.  I figured with a brand new oven there is no chance of cross contamination, so I'd make her cookies.

They don't taste quite the same as Jesh's.  I don't know if it's because I didn't get them as flat as she does, if I ate it while it was too warm or if I added too much sugar.  Either way, they're still yummy.

Thanks for the recipe Jesh!