Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thickest.. socks.. ever

One of the nice things about knitting for Warm Woolies is that they want everything made out of bulky wool.  This means, that instead of 80 stitches and size 1 needles, I used 32, 36 and 40 stitches and size 8 needles.  I really should go up to size 9's so I'm not putting so much wear and tear on my hands, but so far they haven't complained.  I finished these three (and a fourth pair not shown) in the past two weeks.
The pink ones are big enough to fit my size 10 feet.

All socks made out of Lamb's Pride Bulky.  At one point, I had bought a grab bag worth of it from an online store and so I ended up with a bunch of odd balls.  Though I seem to have more odd balls than I can account for using that grab bag, so I must have picked up the others along the way.

So far, I've used up six skeins from the stash.