Sunday, March 23, 2008

I do still have a spinning wheel

I just haven't been doing a lot of spinning.  I'm still not as good as I'd like to be, and spinning fine yarn so I can ply it and have less than a bulky weight when I'm done takes me forever.  This weekend I unfolded my wheel to make this...


I truthfully can't remember where I got this fiber.  It's BFL, and I think there was four ounces.  This skein is the first time I've ever used a single as my finished product.  I got about 200 yards out of it, so I'm guessing it's a worsted weight, but here's the dime shot.  Of course, I caught three strands and they didn't want to separate.


Yarn pr0n shot


It seems my camera doesn't like to take close up shots anymore.  This is the best shot out of fifteen.  The colors are more accurate in the wider shots, but this shows the twist and how it fuzzed a bit.

This skein will soon be sent to go live with someone else.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, but even if she did, I don't think she knows I'm her SP yet so I feel safe showing off.