Saturday, February 16, 2008

DPs or Magic Loop

I find myself in a bit of a pickle at the moment.  The 40" Addi needles that I use to magic loop my socks have these very annoying kinks in them that makes them not so much fun to use.  I figured I'd switch to the other set of needles, but they also have kinks in the cord.  On Tuesday evening, I had to cast on a new pair of socks for the Wednesday class marathon.  Since the Addis weren't behaving, I pulled out the Harmony double point set mom got me, and used those instead.

So here's my pickle.  I finished the first sock in 3 days of knitting.  Now, this sock has fewer stitches than the last pair, but still, I've never finished a sock in 3 days before.  Does this mean I knit faster on double points, or is it just that Gigi wrote such a fun and wonderful pattern that it went quicker?  (I did modify it a bit, but not much)

See, if I knit quicker on double points, then does it pay to replace the annoying Addi needles with nice new ones from Knit Picks?

Oh.. you want to see the sock?


This was Wednesday night... sorry about the blur, but my camera is seriously dead now.  Not only is the view screen on the back messed up, but the eye piece is all blurry too.