Thursday, March 06, 2008

HOCKEY!!!

Now, I'm not the world's biggest hockey fan.  Truthfully, I barely know the rules of the game.  BUT... I still enjoy watching ice hockey from the stands.  I have ever since I did EMS at the Meadowlands as a volunteer.  Tonight is the first annual Philadelphia Sticks and Stitches!  This is so cool!  I'm going to have to bring something easy to work on so I can watch the game.

To make the day even better, it's basically the start of spring break for me.  Though I'll be doing clinical over spring break to make up some hours, at least I won't have to wake up at 6am four days a week for the next 10 days or so.

To top all that, my yarn came from The Knitting Zone.  Now that R has started off on the trail, I guess I have to start her blanket.  They had 25% off all yarn a few days ago in honor of the leap year, and I ordered two skeins each of 3 different colors to add to the blanket.  Yes, I already had enough yarn, but that included 15 skeins of the same color!  Plus, I needed to add a bit more purple to the mix.  Now I have a total of five skeins of purple for the blanket, which should mean at least 10 purple fish.  If I think of it.. and my camera cooperates, I'll take a picture of all the different skeins that I'm going to use for the blanket.

Of course, I can't pass up a good sale.. and thanks to the wonders of Ravelry, I've been introduced to lots of new yarns.  A skein of Smooshy ended up in my order.  Oh my... not like I don't have more than enough sock yarn sitting around, especially considering that even at my fastest, it takes me two weeks to make a pair of socks.  Don't worry mom, I'm currently working on your pair.