Monday, January 21, 2008

Don't ply when nervous



The singles have been sitting on the bobbin for well over six months now. I was afraid to ruin it, since I was having issues plying and I REALLY liked how the singles turned out. Plus, it was my first amount over 4 oz.

As you can see, I got a bit tighter in some places. Apparently plying when your mind is on your first day of clinical is a bad idea. Of course, knitting was a worse one and just sitting around being nervous is not helpful either.

0730 Tuesday morning. My first day of clinical. My first day in the role of a NP. Now granted, my preceptor probably won't even let me near a patient tomorrow, but still.

ETA:
Random wool roving from Rhinebeck 2006
8oz of roving (haven't weighed the yarn yet, and still have singles left)
Approx 162 and 154 yards/skein.