Saturday, May 05, 2007

MSW day one..

Well, no pics today either.. why? Because I didn't take the camera out of my backpack all day. This place was CROWDED!!! I must congratulate the county police department for doing an excellent job keeping all those cars moving and avoiding a too horrible traffic snare. This was overwhelming. I thought Rhinebeck was bad, but found this to be worse. The lines for the STR booth went out the door and down the block (not literally.. there were no blocks, but it was LONG). Then, once you found your yarn, you had to get back in a line that was just as long to pay for it!!! If you haven't guessed, I didn't get any this time. Since I have yet to knit up what I aquired at Rhinebeck, no way was I standing in that line.

I tried the hitchhiker again, and still find I have a difficult time treadling, but it was much easier than last time. Guess practice does make perfect, and it really is the best value for the money in the little travel wheels. I also tried the new Louet travel wheel, found it to be VERY easy to use, liked that it was a double treadle, but found the two pages of instructions to get it in the carry case to be a bit intimidating. I also can't see spending the $560 for it. Maybe if I manage to spin up all the roving in my stash this summer, I can have a reward in October.

I did get a surprise for my SP, 5 skeins of an alpaca, wool, cashmere, silk and yak blend for me, and one skein from the orphan pile of Brook's Farms new superwash wool. No roving, no major spending.. guess I did good.