Friday, May 04, 2007

Washington DC

Just spent the last two days in DC. Sorry no yarn pr0n today but how about some cute animals and pretty baubles?

Got into DC on Thursday afternoon and went to the National History Museum. My only complaint is that the museums all close at 5:30pm. Now it's a free museum, so I can't really say I didn't get a good value but I'd like them to be open later (since we do pay through taxes). I got to see the Hope Diamond (very big) and a bunch of other stones. We managed to sneak in the sculpture garden where I learned I have a totally different opinion from the rest of the world as to what art is. Though I liked the "art" in the lobby.

My friend and I headed over to Arlington to join my cousins for dinner. If you've never been to DC, the metro system is WONDERFUL! Considering I grew up without public transportation of any sort, I've found it very easy to use. Though... I will say... don't try to go anywhere during rush hour unless you have to. I've never seen so many people squished into a train car.

Friday, we went to the zoo! I LOVE watching animals and this zoo is wonderful for taking pictures and watching animals. Mostly open cages, with no glass or fences to take pics through. We got lucky and enjoyed very energetic shows from the pandas. SOOOOOO cute!

Drove out of DC Friday evening to go to MSW festival. Got to the motel I booked and ran away screaming. Now.. it's Friday evening and we need to find somewhere to stay. Not as easy as it seemed. There seems to be a big cheerleading meet here this weekend, along with a track meet of somekind and the festival. We lucked out and one of the hotels had a cancelation. Took us four tries, but we found a place to stay. Oh... BTW... I'm totally sunburnt. UGH.

Off to the fairgrounds tomorrow.. I should be able to post pics, since we lucked into a hotel with WiFi.

Well... sorry about the no pics.. but both blogger and flickr are being a pain in the butt right now.. Will edit as possible.